Have you had difficulty walking lately? It might be due to your damaged feet. Even if you don’t notice it, your feet may have become hurt during a fall or a sprain. There are many reasons why you might be having trouble walking. If you are experiencing any of these walking abnormality symptoms, consider visiting your Los Angeles podiatrist.
Follow our simple guide below to figure out why you may have trouble walking without difficulty. From sprains and fractures to broken bones and tendons, there are many factors to take into consideration.
According to Healthline, there are five different main categories of walking abnormalities. By comparing your symptoms, you can determine if you have any of the following abnormalities.
– Waddling – this type of gait is determined when you move from side to side too much when you walk. It can be caused by balance difficulties or pain.
– Spastic gait – Inability to move very well may result in a spastic gait. People with this condition drag their feet or appear very stiff when walking.
– Scissors – When your legs bend inward while walking, resembling a pair of scissors, you may be dealing with a lot of foot or femur damage.
– Propulsive – As the name suggests, you may appear to propel yourself forward as your head and neck extend in front of your feet when you walk.
– Steppage – Walking with your toes pointed down with each step classifies this gait.
Check with your Los Angeles podiatrist and schedule an appointment to determine if you have a walking abnormality.
Causes of Walking Abnormalities
If any of the descriptions above match the way you walk, you might be wondering what’s got your gait in a twist. Some of the more common diagnoses we see when dealing with foot damage include, but are not limited to:
– Injuries in the leg
– Bone injuries
– Inner ear imbalances
– Nervous system infections
– Stroke or cerebral palsy
Of course, your diagnosis may be more complex or diverse, which requires a more personal look at what’s going on with your feet.
The Diagnosis Process
When you visit Dr. Jamshidinia for a diagnosis, you should expect a full and personal consultation. We may want to perform a series of tests including imaging, X-rays, and muscle or nervous system tests.
Typically, you will be asked questions which can help us figure out where the source of the pain or discomfort is coming from. In some cases, you may be dealing with a walking abnormality without experiencing any pain at all. It is still something that requires urgent attention as it may lead to the development of a permanent condition if left untreated.
Depending on the status of your diagnosis, we can suggest several different procedures for treatment. Some of our options include:
– Laser treatment
– Gait correction surgery
– Fat pad augmentation
– Heel pain treatment
– Rheumatoid arthritis treatment
– Neuromas surgery
Your walking abnormalities should not be a normal part of your life. In fact, it can hinder those things that you enjoy every day that might become more and more difficult. You can get your life back on the right track with progressive and certified treatments at Jamfeet today.
Los Angeles Podiatrist
Jamfeet is always available to take your call. For more information about walking abnormalities and how you can get treated, get in touch with us to schedule an appointment. You are always welcome to contact us online or give us a call at (310) 247-9255. Get control of your walking patterns and reduce your pain and discomfort with a few simple treatments today!